Built in 1905 by Sidney Herbert Adley, during the “Ostrich feather boom period” (1886 to 1914) this magnificent sandstone Victorian mansion is situated on an acre of land in a quiet up market residential area with in walking distance from the town centre and Oudtshoorn’s famous restaurants.
Sidney Herbert Adley bequeathed “Adley house” to the SA War memorial fund in 1948. It became the home of 16 Polish orphans under supervision of Major McMoran & his good lady. After finishing High school in the early sixties Adley house was sold.
Some of these Polish orphans settled in SA and from time to time visit Adley house, the only home they really knew, and tell us stories form their childhood in Oudtshoorn at Adley house.
We bought Adley house in 1989 & undertook the arduous task of restoration. Hilda started a bed & breakfast with only 2 rooms in 1994 and because of its popularity it has developed into to a 4 star guesthouse with 14 rooms.
Contact our reservation office and enquire about
our special “bowls” promotion!
Tel: +27 (0)44 272 4533
Fax:+27 (0)44 272 4554