The Oudtshoorn Bowling Club was established on 10 December 1929,
with 24 club members. The municipality provided a piece of land
off Vrede Street for this purpose.
Originally, a double toilet was built for the use of bowlers and
The bowlers had to erect their own reed and grass toolshed, serving
as a clubhouse until 1935, when the first clubhouse was provided by
council at an estimated cost of 300 pounds.
Eventually the club had two greens, viz. the Kleinscmidt green and the
Bram Butler green.
The present club off St. John Street was inaugurated on 10 October 1990,
boasting with a membership of 124. After many years of negotiations,
the club is now the property of its members. All four greens are highly
rated and named after 4 members, honoured for extraordinary services
rendered to the club.
- Danie Wannenburg
- Hannes Conradie
- Derek Pope
- Rodney Mileham
The club is managed by an executive committee of 13 members, elected anually at an
A.G.M. It consists of a president, 2 x vice presidents ( 1 x male & 1 x female ), a secretary
and assistent secretary ( 1 x male & 1 x female ), a treasurer, 2 x match secretaries ( 1 x male & 1 x female ),
a green keeper, a building-site supervisor and 3 x additional members ( 1 x male & 2 x female ).
Ordinary meetings are held monthly.